Auditions for The Chameleon Theatre Circle
The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces auditions for Betty's Summer Vacation, a dark comedy by Christopher Durang!!
Auditions will take place on Saturday, January 24 from 2 to 6 p.m. and on Sunday, January 25 from 6 to 10 p.m. at 11975 Portland Ave S, Suite 118, Burnsville MN 55337. Callbacks will take place in early February at a time and location to be determined.
Auditions are by appointment only. To register, email Andrew at email@example.com, specifying your preferred day and any time restrictions, and you will be sent an audition time. Please include a phone number in your email.
Actors may choose to perform a contemporary monologue (dramatic or comedic, two minutes or less) or read from the script. Sides will be made available in advance, and a reading partner will be available at the audition for those who need one. Please indicate your preference when you request your appointment.
All roles are available. Actors of all varieties are welcome and encouraged to audition.
$50 stipend paid.
All performances will take place at the Ames Center (formerly the Burnsville Performing Arts Center), 12600 Nicollet Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337.
About the show:
Betty's Summer Vacation
by Christopher Durang
Directed by Andrew Troth
Ah, the joys of summer: Warm breezes, the beach, playing charades with the roommate who just might be a serial killer... and the crazy landlady who invites a seedy stranger over for dinner... not to mention the mysterious laughing voices in the ceiling! What twist of fate brought a nice girl like Betty into this house full of insanity? Is it all uproariously funny or unbearably horrible? You decide!
PLEASE NOTE: Betty's Summer Vacation is a dark, satirical comedy that treats serious issues, trauma, and human tragedy with levity and irreverence. Trigger warnings abound. Please keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to audition.
- Betty - a nice, fairly normal young woman, 20s-30s. Sensible, does her best to be reasonable.
- Trudy - friendly, chatty, needy, rather desperate underneath. Slightly younger than Betty.
- Keith - sensitive, quiet, mysterious. 20s-30s. Finds it hard to be around people. Weirdly sweet and sweetly weird.
- Buck - handsome, sexy lout-hunk. Unabashedly sexist, on the make all the time. 20s-30s.
- Mrs. Siezmagraff - lively, vibrant woman, 40s-50s. Oblivious to anyone else's discomfort. Auntie Mame-ish.
- Mr. Vanislaw - an insane derelict with a penchant for indecent exposure. A little scary, but also happy in his way. 30s-60s.
- Voices - They watch, they laugh, they applaud. They live in the walls. Three actors: Any gender, any age.
Rehearsal Schedule: 5 times a week starting the second week in April.
Performances: May 29 - June 7, 2015 (Fri-Mon and Thu-Sun; 8 total)
Questions? Contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org!