Auditions for The Chameleon Theatre Circle
The Chameleon Theatre Circle announces auditions for the award-winning musical tragedy Blood Brothers!
Auditions will take place on Monday, May 19 and Tuesday, May 20 at at 12189 Riverwood Drive, Burnsville, MN 55337, from 6 to 10 pm each night.
Auditions are by appointment only. To register, e-mail Andrew Troth, specifying your preferred day and any time restrictions, and you will be sent an audition time.
All actors should prepare a contemporary monologue under 2 minutes long and 16 bars of a musical theatre song from a show other than Blood Brothers (also, please do not sing "Let It Go" from Frozen). Bring sheet music in the appropriate key with cuts clearly marked. An accompanist will be provided.
All roles are available. Actors of all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome and encouraged to audition. Small stipend paid.
All performances will take place at the Ames Center at 12600 Nicollet Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337.
About the show:
Book, Music and Lyrics by Willy Russell
Directed by Garrick Dietze
Raised on opposite ends of the social spectrum in Thatcher-era England, best friends Eddie and Mickey have no idea that they are actually twins, and that their desperate mother may have doomed their lives to bitter tragedy. Did her choices set in motion a destiny they are all powerless to prevent? This celebrated musical by Willy Russell (author of Educating Rita and Shirley Valentine), ran continuously in London's West End for over 24 years!
Note: All roles will be cast with adult actors.
- Mrs. Johnstone - Mother; Female, 30-40 yrs old; Range: Mezzo
- Narrator - Any age or gender; Range: Written for tenor
- Mickey - Twin; Male, ages from 7 to 20s over the course of the show; Range: Baritone
- Eddie - Twin; Male, ages from 7 to 20s over the course of the show; Range: Tenor
- Sammy - Older brother; Male, ages from 9 to 20s over the course of the show; Range: Baritone
- Linda - Friend; Female, ages from 7 to 20s over the course of the show; Range: Mezzo
- Mrs. Lyons - Adoptive mother; Female, 30-40 yrs old; Range: Mezzo
- Mr. Lyons - Adoptive father; Male, 30-40 yrs old; Range: Baritone
- Chorus - Seeking 5-6 additional cast members to play the rest of the roles
Rehearsal Schedule: 5 times a week starting in late July
Performances: September 26 - October 12, 2014